The stores are filled with school supplies, the sun is starting to set just a tab bit earlier, we are pretty much over the heat. Yup, sounds like fall, and school, are just around the corner! Not that you asked me, but I am ready for both already. How about you? To get you in the mood I have two fun things to share today. One is a really fun, and totally easy, DIY Mason Jar homework station and the other is information about Ball Brand Canning Jar’s International Can-It-Forward day that is happening this Saturday, August 1st!! Oh, and to make it even better, you can enter to win a free case of jars to make your own homework station or preserve your favorite summer garden treasures.
Brought to you by:
Supplies needed for your own Mason Jar Homework Station:
- Ball Brand Canning Jars (I used the new heritage collection jars in purple, swoon!)
- Puffy paint
- Lazy susan (optional)
- School supplies
Four east steps to making your own Mason Jar Homework Station:
- Draw on your jars with your puffy paint
- Let dry at least 4 hours
- Throw school/homework supplies in jar, set on a lazy susan (or a condiment holder as I did)
- Get to (home)work!
When is the last time you’ve used puffy paint? Puffy paint is awesome to use on glass, if you happen to make a mistake it wipes right off. Want to change your design after it’s dried? Just peel it off!! It’s perfect.
I went with really simple designs because I wanted to keep it fun and I am not an artist. However, you could always print out a design and put it inside the jar to trace.
By the way, pre-sharpened pencils are amazing! Also, keep reading to learn how you can win your own case of Ball Brand Canning Jars!!
On Saturday August 1st, Jarden Home Brands will host this year’s fifth annual Can-It-Forward Day, broadcast live online at FreshPreserving.com from 11AM – 4PM EST from the new state-of-the-art Jarden Home Brands headquarters in Fishers, Indiana. An event celebrating the joys of fresh preserving, Can-It-Forward Day encourages gardeners & food enthusiasts across the country to celebrate what “Made From Here” means to them by fresh preserving their favorite local ingredients in peak season. The webcast will have an integrated chat function where viewers can submit their home canning questions to be answered in real time. New this year, there will also be an exciting celebrity mason jar auction unveiled during the webcast!
- Tune in to the live webcast of canning demonstrations from 11:00am – 4:00pm EST, featuring an integrated chat function to submit your home canning questions to be answered in real time. New this year, there will also be an exciting celebrity mason jar auction unveiled during the webcast!
- Share what Made From Here means to you by hosting a home canning party on Saturday, August 1!
- Share your home canning creations, tips and tricks via social media with the hashtag #canitforward.
You can also watch the live webcast right here on She’s Kinda Crafty!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This blog post was sponsored by Jarden Home Brands but all opinions are 100% authentic!!