There are only so many Barbie Dolls/My Little Ponies/Elsa/(insert popular toy here) birthday presents that you can handle buying and wrapping. And as kids get older it only gets harder to find a present that is age appropriate and valuable and at the right price point. I know that a lot of people like to both give and receive gift cards but I really try my hardest to stay away from giving them, it just doesn’t feel personal to me. So what’s left? Well, I love to give gift basket type presents – making them as personal as I can given the recipients interests – so why not a Craft Kit birthday present?!?
There are really no rules for a Craft Kit birthday present but here are a few good ideas!
- “Wrap” your gift in a storage box where all the supplies can be contained. That way you aren’t adding to anyones mess! I used a scrapbook paper storage box that can often be found for half off at any craft store.
- Include the basics like scissors, a paper trimmer, or glue – depending on what type of crafts you have in your kit
- Go with a color theme to make completed projects coordinate.
- Keep the age/skill set of your recipient in mind – this is a birthday gift after all so you don’t want the projects to be too easy or too frustrating, just lots of fun!
- Include all the supplies that they will need to complete 2-3 finished items in your Craft Kit.
This Craft Kit Birthday Present was for a 9 year old girl who loves to craft. It included
Heidi Swapp Marquee letter
Stamps & Ink
Heidi Swapp glitter tape
Glitter glue pens
Adhesive tape runner
Naked wood frames
Miscellaneous decor items
Sequins & glitter
By scouring the dollar sections, clearance aisle, and using coupons and sales to your benefit you can put together a very nice and full Craft Kit birthday present on any budget.
I also had to take my Silhouette CAMEO out and add a bit of personalization to the scrapbook paper box. I didn’t even both wrapping it!!
So next time you get a birthday party invitation don’t run straight to the toy aisle try out the craft aisle instead!